Monday, May 21, 2012

Yet another opportunity for leakage...

It came to my attention that the other areas for possible water infestation are the seams of the rear panel and the mounting bolts for the license plate.  The rear panel seams extend into the lip of the mounting area for the rear lid seal and often there is some rust or degradation of the seam along there.  I will check this out as well.

I don't think the two bolts which hold the license plate mount to the rear panel are the culprits, but I will check them as well.  I will, however, remember to securely and accurately re-attach the grounding terminal of the rear harness in its proper place.  Did this poorly once and wondered why the car started but stopped soon after and then had intermittent starting problems.

I guess we've all been there on that one.

SF

No comments:

Post a Comment